Here are 10 ways you can tell spring is coming!
1. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, and we all know that means only six more weeks of winter so we are almost out of it!
2. Songbird songs means birds are returning from their winter retreats in the south.
3. Tree and flower buds: water maples and red maples are the first to show budding, keep an eye on the trees and plants in your area!
4. That spring smell: That delicious “earthy smell” of rain, soil, grass mixing together alerting you that colorful flowers will soon bloom and the grey of wintry snow will be long gone!
5. Days are getting longer: It’s so nice to have more hours of sunlight! Your body, much like the budding trees and singing birds, can tell when the warmer days are in our future.
6. “You can feel it all over…” Allergies that is. Your nose is beginning to run, your throat feels itchy and your eyes are watery. Rest assured it’s
allergy season spring!!
7. Your hair is no longer staticky and you’re not walking around the house shocking yourself anymore! LOL!
8. You no longer need to run your humidifier because you’re not waking up with a dry, bloody nose from the dry, cold winter weather. Thankfully.
9. The air doesn’t hurt your face when you venture out. It’s nice to be able to leave the house without all those layers on, too, isn’t it?
10. Swimsuits and shorts and tank tops (oh my!) are out at all your favorite stores. Walk into any clothing store and you’ll see fun bright prints!
So, don’t give up hope yet! You’ve nearly made it through another winter!